Is polystyrene a good insulator?
- Polystyrene is used as an insulator it has small air bubbles trapped inside. This makes it a very good insulator because heat energy can’t flow through them.
Can polystyrene be recycled?
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) is one of the few materials that can truly claim to be 100% recyclable.
How to Dispose of Polystyrene?
- Remove all debris and food from the Polystyrene
- Separate the Polystyrene from other recyclables
- Click here to find a polystyrene recycler in your area
Is polystyrene environmentally friendly?
- Despite what you may have heard, expanded polystyrene (EPS) is environmentally friendly. Made from 98% air, no toxic substances are used in the manufacture of EPS and it is 100% recyclable.